Modeling Near-Surface Processes in Mineral Systems
Task 4 Products
- Helsel, D.R., 2006, The Regional Kendall Test for Trend: oral presentation at the 5th National Water Quality Monitoring Conference, May 7-11, 2006, San Jose, CA.
- Helsel, D.R., 2006, Statistical Methods for Censored (Nondetect) Environmental Data: Invited Presentation at the 2006 ENAR Spring Meeting of the International Biometrics Society, March 26-29, 2006, Tampa, FL.
- Hammarstrom, J.M., Seal, R.R., II, Meier, A.L., and Kornfeld, J.M., 2005, Secondary sulfate minerals associated with acid drainage in the eastern U.S.: recycling of metal and acidity in surficial environments: Chemical Geology, vol. 214, pp. 407-431.
- Helsel, D.R., 2004, Nondetects And Data Analysis: Statistics for censored environmental data: Wiley, 268 p. Publication information available at http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-0471671738.html.
- Helsel, D.R., 2005, More Than Obvious: Better methods for interpreting nondetect data: Environmental Science and Technology, 39 (20), pp. 419A-423A.
- Helsel, D.R., 2006, Fabricating data: How substituting values for nondetects can ruin results, and what can be done about it: Chemosphere, 65 (11), pp. 2434-2439.
- Helsel, D.R., and Frans, L.M, 2006, The regional Kendall test for trend: Environmental Science and Technology, 40 (13), pp. 4066-4073.
- Helsel, D.R., Mueller, D.K. and Slack, J.R., 2006, Computer Program for the Kendall family of trend tests: U.S. Geological Survey Scientific Investigations Report 2005-5275, 4 pp.
- Hubbard, B.E., Rowan, L.C., Dusel-Bacon, C., and Eppinger, R.G., 2007, Geologic mapping and mineral resources exploration in the Healy and Talkeetna Mountains quadrangles, Alaska using minimal cloud- and snow-cover ASTER Data: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 2007-1046, 22 pp.
- Kelley, K.D., Graham, G.E., Kurtak, J.M., and Slack, J.F., 2006, Geochemistry of the southern part of the National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska (NPRA): Implications for the exploration of base-metal sulfide deposits: Alaska Miners Association Abstract volume, pp. 15-17.
- Kelley, K.D., and Hudson, T., 2007, Natural versus anthropogenic dispersion of metals to the environment in the Wulik River area, western Brooks Range, northern Alaska: Geochemistry: Exploration, Environment, Analysis, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 87-96
- Lee, L., and Helsel, D.R., 2005, Baseline models of trace elements in drinking water of the United States: Applied Geochemistry, 20, pp. 1560-1570.
- Lee, L., and Helsel, D., 2005, Statistical analysis of water-quality data containing multiple detection limits: S-language software for regression on order statistics: Computers & Geosciences, 31, pp. 1241-1248.
- Seal, R.R., II, 2004, Geoenvironmental models for massive sulphide deposits with an emphasis on sedimentary-exhalative lead-zinc deposits, in M. Deb and W.D. Goodfellow (eds.), Sediment-hosted Lead-Zinc Sulphide Deposits: Attributes of Some Major Deposits in India, Australia, and Canada, Narosa Publishing House (New Delhi), pp. 191-221.
- Wanty, R.B., and Berger, B.R., 2006, Geologic, hydrologic, and geochemical interpretation of mineral deposits as analogs for understanding transport of environmental contaminants: Journal of Geochemical Exploration, vol. 88, pp. 162-165.
- Analysis of Environmental Data With Nondetects. Continuing Education Workshop, American Statistical Assoc. Joint Statistical Meetings, Seattle, WA, August 2006.