USGS Luminescence Dating Laboratory
Welcome to the USGS Luminescence Dating Laboratory Site. Information describing the principles of the dating technique, applications and types of dating, as well as more technical information for prospective customers can be found at this site.
- LED Montréal 2014
14th International Conference on Luminescence and Electron Spin Resonance Dating
7-11 July 2014, Montréal, Canada
LED Montréal 2014 Circular [PDF file, 134 kb]
- 10th New World Luminescence Dating Workshop
Summer of 2015, Kansas State University, Manhattan Kansas
For very detailed information on luminescence dating, read
- An Introduction to Optical Dating, M.J. Aitken, 1998, Oxford University Press, 267 p.
- Optically Stimulated Luminescence Dosimetry, Lars Botter-Jensen, Stephen W.S. McKeever, Ann G. Wintle, Elsevier Books, 2003, 355 p.
- Rhodes, E.J., 2011, Optically Stimulated Luminescence Dating of Sediments over the Past 200,000 Years: Annual Review of Earth and Planetary Sciences, 39, p. 461-488. doi: 10.1146/annurev-earth-040610-133425.
- Luminescence Dating, Geoff A.T. Duller, 2008, English Heritage.
These guidelines are designed to establish good practice in the use of luminescence dating for providing chronological frameworks.
- Ancient TL Journal
Ancient TL is a journal devoted to Luminescence Dating, Electron Spin Resonance Dating and related techniques. It aims to publish papers dealing with experimental and theoretical results in this field, with a minimum of delay between submission and publication. Ancient TL has a reviewing system in which direct dialogue is encouraged between reviewers and authors. Ancient TL also publishes a current bibliography, thesis abstracts, letters and miscellaneous information, e.g. announcements for meetings.
The use of firm, trade, and brand names is for identification purposes only and does not constitute endorsement by the U.S. government.